Oak Orchard Community Health Center Job Description
Title: Clinical Quality and Performance Improvement Coordinator
Department/Location : Quality, Performance Improvement, and Informatics
Position Summary : Provides Support in developing an organizational culture of quality care and performance improvement.
Job Responsibilities :
- Participate in activities supporting the improvement of data quality and governance.
- Utilize reports and analyses to measure, analyze, and improve clinical quality and outcomes.
- Continuously seek to identify and recommend solutions to improve quality, increase value, reduce risk, and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Perform chart audits, workflow analysis, and other activities which measure and monitor clinical quality.
- Recommend, implement, and monitor appropriate measures to track performance and identify areas of opportunity.
- Implement solutions which promote continuous quality improvements.
Organization Wide Responsibilities:
- Participates in activities to support a comprehensive quality improvement program that focuses on patient care.
- Coordinates and provides assistance to members of QIC in assessment, analysis, and reporting of measures as required.
- Participates and provides input to OOH's policies and procedure development as they pertain to quality improvement requirements.
- Identifies areas of organizational vulnerability with quality care/patient saftey and proposes strategies for improvement.
- Fosters and maintains collaborative relationships within OOH and with external agencies related to quality performance initiatives.
- Proactively communicates and educates leadership and staff regarding new guidelines.
- Assists in the facilitation of change process, planning, and evaluation, of the effectiveness of process changes.
- Performs chart audits as required.
- Participates in health center meetings where representation is appropriate.
- Partipates and provides input to OOH policies and procedure development.
- Participates in health fairs and in community outreach activities.
- Coordinates insurance incentive information and communicates with office managers.
- Completes and distributes provider quality incentive reports.
- Partners with HIM and training to ensure EHR templates are optimized to deliver high quality patient care.
- Plays a lead role in assuring high quality, optimized clinical workflows.
- Interfaces with clinical staff and trainer to execute clinical workflow improvements as necessary.
- Supports quality initiatives to address needs identified by CMO.
Education: Ideal candidate is a Nurse or Nurse informaticist with experience/ education in quality improvement. A licensed professional. Education in performance improvement is ideal. At least 5 years clinical experience and performance improvement certification in a quality program.
Experience: Ability to analyze and interpret data. Strong technical skills. Ability to navigate an EHR. Ability to perform chart audits. Strong communication skills. Ability to lead performance improvement teams.
Interested applicants please send Cover letter, CV or Resume to JGrunert@oochc.org
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Oak Orchard Health is an equal opportunity provider and employer.