Oak Orchard Community Health Center Job Description
Title: Director of Patient Engagement Services
Department/Location : Patient Engagement Services
Position Summary : Provides leadership and support in developing a patient engagement services department that achieves patient centered care through the integration of medical and outreach services. Works in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Chief Operating Officer (COO) and members of the QIC. Establishes tools, processes and systems to optimize clinical quality and patient safety. In collaboration with the eClinical Works specialist, will help develop and maintain an understanding of eCW, so as to integrate best use of eCW into daily clinical practice.
Job Responsibilities :
1. In collaboration with CMO/COO and QIC, develops and implements a comprehensive patient engagement services program that focuses on patient centered care. This includes processes for collecting information, providing feedback to staff, and implementing best practices in accordance with accepted evidence based standards of care. Works with the CMO and Clinical Leaders to identify and adopt best clinical standards/practices.
2. To lead the care managers to achieve enhanced patient outcomes and to prepare for value based payment.
3. To develop and lead outreach staff to enhanced patient outcomes and to prepare for value based payment.
4. To achieve patient centered care through the integration of medical and outreach services.
5. Keeps abreast of community needs and programs and works in conjunction with the Director of Business and Fund Development to provide needed services to fill the gap in community needs.
6. Responsible for facilitation of change process, planning, and evaluation of the effectiveness of process changes within the patient engagement services department.
7. Participates and provides input to OOH policy and procedures development, review, and revisions on at least an annual basis.
8. Develops and participates in health fairs and in community outreach activities.
Organization Wide Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe, clean, orderly work area.
- Adherence to all Human Resources Policies and Procedures, OAK policies and procedures and OSHA requirements.
- Adherence to all State and Federal regulations governing Oak Orchard Health.
Education: Minimum of a licensed professional
Experience: Previous experience in managing staff; previous experience in care management and discharge planning.
Interested applicants please send Cover letter, CV or Resume to JGrunert@oochc.org
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Oak Orchard Health is an equal opportunity provider and employer.