Oak Orchard Community Health Center Job Description
Title: Office Staff Nurse
Department/Location : Medical, Albion & Brockport
Position Summary : Administer patient care and therapeutic measures as directed by and in assistance to the medical provider staff.
Job Responsibilities :
1. Performs routine patient procedures (vital signs, routine lab work , and measurements) as per medical provider orders or as indicated by protocols.
2. Maintains patient flow.
3. Assists providers with patient care tasks, i.e. pap tests/pelvic exams, suturing , dressings .
4. Prepares patients for diagnostic tests; collects and labels specimens .
5. Reviews prescription request and calls prescriptions into pharmacy as directed by the provider.
6. Maintains supplies in exam rooms, inventories, and restocks usable items; washes , wraps and sterilizes instruments as requires .
7. Completes medical forms , record transfers , lab and x-ray requisitions as required.
8. Adheres to center infection control policies.
9. Administers medications, injections, immunizations and screening tests under the direction of medical providers .
10. Maintains accurate nursing notes on patient's medical record according to guidelines in "Documentation in the Patient Record".
11. Actively participates in CQI activities .
12. Participates in monthly nursing staff meetings and any other staff meetings within the Health Center.
13. Provides health education to patients in the office or refers patient questions to physicians when indicated.
14. Performs other job-related tasks as directed by the Medical Office Coordinator or Office Manager.
15. Customer Service: Addresses all patients in a courteous and respectful way, either in person or over the telephone . Demonstrates good communication skills, both verbally and written .
16. Other activities as assigned .
Organization Wide Responsibilities:
17. Participate in Center efforts to provide the highest quality patient care to all segments of the communities served by the Health Center.
18. Adherence to Organization and Personnel Policies.
19. Adheres to the Confidentiality Policies
20. Adhere to the Attendance Policies. This position requires flexibility in schedule .
Some evenings and weekends may be required 21. Indicates commitment to organizational values:
Teamwork-A group working together to achieve a common goal or purpose. Respect- Valuing each other's honor and dignity .
Commitment- Dedication to remain loyal to our philosophy, values and mission. Diversity- To understand appreciates and accepts differences and empowers others and us to grow and contribute to the fullest potential.
Pursuit of Excellence- To strive personally and organizationally to achieve the ultimate perfection through innovation, quality, and persistence .
Community- People sharing their life through interaction and support of each other to create a better future.
Education: Graduate of an accredited program for Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Professional Nurse with a current valid license to practice nursing in New York State.
Experience: One year in related field
Interested applicants please send Cover letter, CV or Resume to JGrunert@oochc.org
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Oak Orchard Health is an equal opportunity provider and employer.