Oak Orchard Community Health Center Job Description
Title: Medical Assistant
Department/Location : Medical Department. Locations: Albion and Brockport
Position Summary : Administer patient care and therapeutic measures as directed by and in assistance to the medical provider staff.
Job Responsibilities :
- Performs routine patient procedures as per medical provider orders or as indicated by patients.
- Maintains patient flow.
- Assists providers with patient care tasks, i.e. pap tests/ pelvic exams, suturing, dressings.
- Prepares patients for diagnostic tests, collects and labels specimens.
- Reviews prescription requests and calls prescriptions into pharmacy as directed by the provider.
- Maintains supplies in exam rooms, inventories, and restocks usable items; washes, wraps, and sterilizes instruments as requires.
- Completes medical forms, record transfers, lab and x-ray requisitions as required when working the floor with a provider.
- Adheres to center infection control policies.
- Maintains accurate nursing notes on patients medical record according to guidelines in "Documentation in the Patient Record".
- Actively participates in CQI activities.
- Participates in monthly nursing staff meetings and any other staff meetings within the Health Center.
- Provides health education to patients In the office or refers patient questions to physicians when indicated.
- Fills in at reception desk, including registers patients and verifies all demographics and insurances.
- Performs other job related tasks as directed by the MOC or Office Manager.
- Customer Service: Addresses all patients in a courteous and respectful way, either in person or over the phone. Demonstrates good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Responsible for doing and tracking all outgoing referrals for the Brockport site.
- Responsible for all pap and mammogram entering and tracking for the Brockport site.
- Other activities was assigned.
Organization Wide Responsibilities:
- Participates in center efforts to provide the highest quality patient care to all segments of the communities served by the Health Center.
- Adherence to organization and personnel policies.
- Adheres to the confidentiality policies.
- Adheres to the Attendance Policies. This position requires flexibility in schedule. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Indicates commitment to organizational values.
Education: Minimum high school graduate; from an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
Experience: One year in related field.
Interested applicants please send Cover letter, CV or Resume to JGrunert@oochc.org
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Oak Orchard Health is an equal opportunity provider and employer.