Internal Job Posting
Job Title: Community Health Worker/Patient Navigator
Hours: Part Time; 3 days per week; Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
Summary- Assist with the daily operation of the Care Team
Education and Experience- High School Diploma/GED. Bilingual in English and Spanish. Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
· A complete understanding of OOH mission and services.
· Supports the Case Managers and Care Team members on specific caseloads.
· Works with patients and community agencies to increase awareness of health promotion and disease prevention programs. Develops effective working relationships to reduce barriers in the community for at-risk patients.
· Schedules and confirms appointments to also include follow up with patient as needed.
· Transport referred patients and/or arranges transportation, to appointments at the Center or other agencies using the Health Center vans, when no other transportation is available and when requested in advance.
· Monitors documents, labs, referrals, appointments, and ‘jelly beans’ directed to the Care Team department.
· Handles incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
· Documents everythingdone through the Care Team for the patient via Electronic Medical Record, including the ability to scan documents into the EMR.
· Provides written and verbal translation/interpretation for Spanish-speaking, non-English-proficient patients within the health center and within the community for health related issues, including area migrant sites.
· All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The responsibilities listed above are a limited representation of the full job responsibilities. You are encouraged to review the complete job description.
Contact Jim Grunert ext. 213 or email: email@example.com
Apply by October 25, 2017
Oak Orchard Health offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.