Oak Orchard Health
It is our policy to protect the basic rights of patients. In providing this care, it is also our right to expect reasonable
Responsibilities of Patients
It is our policy to protect the basic rights of patients. In providing care, it is also our right to expect reasonable and responsible behavior from our patients, their relatives and associates. Please note that unreasonable and irresponsible behavior may result in termination from the practice.
As an Oak Orchard patient your responsibilities are to:
1. Provide, to the best of your knowledge accurate and complete information about your current health status, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and any other matter relating to their health.
2. Verify your complete address, phone number, and insurance information as part of the check-in procedure.
3. Report whether they clearly understand a course of action and what is expected of you.
4. Express your concerns regarding any inability to comply with a planned course of treatment or procedure.
5. Follow the treatment plan developed with your healthcare provider and will accept the consequences of your own action if treatment is refused or if you choose not to comply with the plan offered by your healthcare provider.
6. Keep your scheduled appointments with their healthcare provider. If you need to cancel an appointment, you should do so at least 24 hours before your appointment time.
7. Follow the facilities rules and regulations affecting patient care and conduct.
8. Be considerate, respectful of the rights of other patients and personnel, and for assist in control of noise, your children and distractions.
9. Respect the property of other persons and the facility.
10. Make arrangements for prompt payment of charges. It is your responsibility to provide accurate information relating to insurance and other source of payment, including your ability to meet your financial obligations.