Oak Orchard Community Health Center Job Description
Title: WIC Program Support Assistant
Department/Location : WIC
Position Summary : Responsible for all WIC related clerical and program support duties, including: providing nutritional education and program information to WIC clients and obtaining anthropometrics and hematologic measurements.
Job Responsibilities :
- Act as a receptionist in WIC office, greeting people in person or on the phone in a friendly and professional manner. Will answer incoming phone calls and make/ re-schedule appointments. Good communication (interpersonal) skills required. Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Collect and enter pre-screening client information to WIC program computer system. Verify and enter the income and residency information of clients at certification and re certification into the WIC computer system.
- Operate check printer and distribute WIC checks to participants. Mail WIC checks to clients as needed within NYSDOH WIC guidelines.
- Load and operate autodialer system for confirmation of WIC appointments, training provided. Make reminder callls of missed appointments to WIC clients within the same day as appointment was missed.
- Identify participants of upcoming re-certification, inform participants of required information needed and give appropriate paperwork.
- Mail WIC checks to clients as needed according to program policy.
- Responsible for maintaining client proxy information and release forms.
- Notify applicants with an appointment to enroll or of their ineligibility within the federally required time frame. For eligible applicants prepare chart.
- Handle, transport and operate computer equipment as instructed.
- Conduct/assist the check in and check out procedure of travel equiptment for transporting to site.
- Responsible for maintaining paper stock/toner for check printing and forms.
- Ability to inform clients of Acceptable WIC foods and WIC check cashing procedures as needed.
- Provide secondary nutrition education contacts to WIC participants individually or in a group setting.
- Responsible for obtaining materials for making posters or other visuals in addition to consulting with the nutritionists for suggestions to enhance the nutrition education classes.
- Tally scores on client nutrition questionnaires as needed or when requested by Nutritionist.
- Collect WIC medical data.
- Calibrate and clean Hemocue machine and keep accurate logs as required.
- Comply with all OSHA regulations and WIC policies regarding proper medical data collection.
- Promote and support breastfeeding efforts.
- Attend WIC staff meetings/training/conferences and other general staff meetings as required.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality of all information related to the sponsoring agency clients and co workers.
Organization Wide Responsibilities:
- Participate in center efforts to provide the highest quality patient care to all segments of the communities served by the Heath Center.
- Adherence to organization and personnel policies.
- Adherence to the confidentiality policies.
- Adhere to the attendance policies. The position requires flexibility in schedule.
- Indicates commitment to organizational values.
Education: High school or equivalent. Previous nutrition background/medical assistant skills helpful.
Experience: Prior experience in customer service or dealing with the public in an office setting. Basic computer experience required.
Interested applicants please send Cover letter, CV or Resume to JGrunert@oochc.org
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Oak Orchard Health is an equal opportunity provider and employer.