Oak Orchard Community Health Center Job Description
Title: Telephone Triage RN
The Telephone Triage RN will provide comprehensive nursing services to the patient population of the practice assigned to within Oak Orchard Health. The RN will assess, manage and support patients, providing appropriate documentation, and will work collaboratively with the physician, midlevel, and the multi-disciplinary team. The RN will work to their full scope of practice within the primary care settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses incoming triage phone calls. Determines necessity of same day appointment based on the presenting information.
- Answers patient questions and educates the patient within scope of licensure.
- Assesses and provides follow up on patient ED visits. Reviews documentation from ED visit. Informs provider of significant issues needing attention.
- Reviews labs and other test results inclusive of mammography’s and PAP’s to determine clinical significance and immediacy of follow-up care for providers. This is completed through the EHR.
- Appropriate utilization of ClearTriage software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Organization Wide Responsibilities:
- Participates in OOH efforts to provide the highest quality patient care to all segments of the communities served by the Oak Orchard Health.
- Adherence to Organization and Personnel Policies.
- Adheres to the Confidentiality Policies.
- This position requires flexibility in schedule. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Indicates commitment to organizational values:
Teamwork-A group working together to achieve a common goal or purpose.
Respect- Valuing each other’s honor and dignity.
Commitment- Dedication to remain loyal to our philosophy, values and mission.
Diversity- To understand appreciates and accepts differences and empowers others and us to grow and contribute to the fullest potential.
Pursuit of Excellence- To strive personally and organizationally to achieve the ultimate perfection through innovation, quality, and persistence.
Community- People sharing their life through interaction and support of each other to create a better future.
- Associates degree in Nursing. Bachelor’s preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered RN in the State of New York.
- 2-3 years nursing experience in primary care setting.
- Minimum 1 year experience utilizing an EHR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interested applicants please send Cover letter, CV or Resume to JGrunert@oochc.org
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Oak Orchard Health is an equal opportunity provider and employer.